Re: LSI 9240-8i (IBM M1015) MegaRaid support

From: Roberto de Iriarte <rdeiriar_at_spock.cl>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:32:01 -0300
I have to rectify myself

It is possible to install FreeBSD 9-Beta3 amd64 (9-RC1 boots correctly
as well, i will upgrade in a couple of hours) on the X3550 M3 with a
reflashed M1015 SAS controller, using the mps driver

It is only extremely tiresome (and not because of FreeBSD!)

I will document the procedure asap, as i've seen in the forums that
others have had problems with this machine.

Best regards
Roberto

P.S. Many thanks to Scott Long for the mps driver!