Re: [Freebsd 9] [amd64] [USB] [HPLIP] what's the (new) right way to manage hplip usb-plugged printers, running Freebsd 9

From: David Marec <david.marec_at_davenulle.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:28:19 +0100
Le 30.10.2011 01:31, Daniel O'Connor a écrit :

> On 30/10/2011, at 24:40, David Marec wrote:
>> But, now running FreeBSD 9, I get new usb/devd behavior issues.
>>
>> First, the ulpt module is always loaded. Is there any elegant way to get rid of this 'self loading' behavior, except to remove it from /boot/modules ?
>> Anyway, it sounds like HPLIP is now working with the ulpt module loaded.
>
> I'm not sure what would load it automatically - it may be built into the kernel though. Anyway, as you say it should work with ulpt loaded anyway.

I'm quite sure it was not; I mean, if ulpt.ko has been manually removed
from /boot/modules, this module is not loaded when I plugged in the printer.

>> And, how to handle them with devd ?
>
> I have a similar problem..
 > [ ATTACH statement in devd.conf]
> However this doesn't seem to work anymore, it certainly used to.. :(

Yep, sounds like it is the same here.

> I tried adding the system, subsystem&  type parts and changing device-name to cdev but no luck..

I also tried to add entries into /usr/local/etc/devd/devd.conf instead
of /etc/devd.conf.

And some more unsuccessful attempts, like changing system/subsystem and
others, as you did.

--
David Marec, mailto:david.marec_at_davenulle.org
http://user.lamaiziere.net/david/Site