Re: WITHOUT_GCC for build target / system without base gcc (9RC1)

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:02:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, thanks for reply.

> But seriously, building ports which
> have not explicitly been marked as being
> gcc 4.5 or 4.6 compatible is
> taking a chance.  It might work, or break
> in various interesting ways.

Yes, I know. I'm just using small subset of ports
as well. Will probably try clang for ports too,
when feeling suitably adventurous :)

While totally unscientific, clang 3.0
(-O2 -march=native) surprised me with
getting more MIPS from p7zip than gcc46.

Clang built kernel is smaller here too.

Libreoffice is not problem per se, considering
it's nature, I'm happy it's working at all for
me.

best regards,
- Jakub Lach