Re: Problems booting 9.0-BETA1 memstick

From: Matt Thyer <matt.thyer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:53:38 +0930

?

> It seems wrong to have gptboot just ignore backup GPT data, but it could
be an option.  Can it actually do something if the backup GPT differs, or is
it testing for an error that can't be handled?

> MBR didn't have backup data ("Luxury!  Pure luxury!"), and it did okay.

A custom hacked gptboot just for the memstick?

Sorry.... Been working with Linux too much lately.

Probably the real solution is to use MBR and have BSDinstall and the install
kernel support UFS labels.  Space on the memstick is not an issue.