Re: -CURRENT (BETA2) nfs client surprise

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 01:02:47 +0400
Hello, Garrett.
You wrote 8 сентября 2011 г., 0:55:11:

> It needs to be changed to NFSCL:

> $ svngrep -r NFSCL /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC
> options         NFSCL                   # New Network Filesystem Client
> options         NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCL
  Yep, I found it in seconds, but after that kernel + nanobsd image
 rebuild takes considerable amount of time.

> I think the nomenclature change was done s.t. clients using old NFS
> implementations didn't require any changes in their KERNCONF files.
 It is not true. I'm using old KERNCONF (with only NFSCLIENT) and old
fstab (Without any NSF vversion options) -- and got error on boot due
to unmountable file system! Of course, if this system had had full set
of modules, this situation would have masked by transparent loading of
nfscl.ko.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>