Re: SSD - TRIM, SU and SUJ - Installer Options

From: Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:21:40 +0200
On 09/08/11 16:22, MySphere_at_web.de wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> first off all I have to say, that your new Installer in FBSD v9.0 is
> very well done.
> I just found an option, which is not activated at this time. So I wanted
> to ask, if it’s possible a bug or something like that.
>
> I’ve tried to change the<Options>  in the section Partition Editor with
> the subsection Add Partition and wanted to save my changes: Softupdates
> = disabled, Softupdates journaling = disabled, TRIM = enabled with the
> <OK>  button.
> But if I reenter the<Options>  menu, so my changes will be overwritten
> with the default values: SU = enabled, SUJ = enabled ([UFS1 +] TRIM =
> disabled).
>
> I’ve tried this without success in FBSD v9.0 BETA1+2 (amd64) with the
> ISO- and the IMG Images.
>
> My workaround is, that I run in single-user-mode and change the values
> with tunefs.
>
> Would you please check, that<Options>  point – if my act is accurate.
>
> Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

This is an interesting point that I hadn't tested. The options do work
-- the state of the dialog is just not restored when the Options menu is
reentered and so a second trip to Options resets the defaults, unless
you then change it again. I'm traveling at the moment, so am not able to
fix it at the moment. The internal architecture may also make it
slightly tricky to fix.
-Nathan