Re: Compiling BETA2 with clang fails

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:52:53 +0200
On 2011-09-09 05:45, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>> Like cleaning /usr/obj/ and then buildworld with clang but with
>> "-march=athlon-xp" instead of "-march=native".
>> As the problem does not seem to be in your current world but rather in
>> the bootstrap clang compiled with -march=native, you should not have
>> to {build,install}world with gcc first.
>
> I cleaned /usr/obj and made a build with -march=athlon-xp. Same errors.

I did a few test builds with 'high' CPU values for -march, and I ran
into various problems.  I'd discourage the use of -march=native for now,
at least with clang.  It will take some time to investigate.

> # nm -D /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libc.so
> That's the problem - libraries miss most symbols.

This is why I still think you have the stdin/out/err problem, in some
way.  Can you please check /usr/obj/usr/src/lib/libc/Version.map?  It
should have about 2775 lines, otherwise your libc build is busted.