Re: Screwy behavior in ports framework

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6727_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:45:05 +0000 (GMT)
Sorry about fubar e-mail address, it was a typo, missing > at the end of the line:

From: "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727_at_bellsouth.net

I'm surprised the e-mail went through that way.

> WKRDIR needs to be an absolute path and will break when it moves up the
> tree to install dependencies.  The most likely fix is to adjust the
> default value ${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR}/work to your liking, but what
> you probably want is to set WRKDIRPREFIX to say /BETA1/workb2/ or
> similar.

> Erwin

> --
> Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org

I quote my /etc/make.conf from BETA2:

PORTSDIR=/BETA1/usr/ports
PACKAGES=/usr/packages
WRKDIR=workb2
# added by use.perl 2011-09-13 02:49:43
PERL_VERSION=5.14.1

Maybe WRKDIR should have been ${MASTERDIR}/workb2 , or should it be ${.CURDIR}/workb2 ?

NetBSD pkgsrc has WRKDIR_BASENAME, as in my /etc/mk.conf from NetBSD 4.0.1 i386 on a 4 GB USB stick, running on a computer where the motherboard USB version is 1.1, and NetBSD 5.1_STABLE is on the hard drive, mounted as /lin1:

# Example /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf file produced by bootstrap-pkgsrc
# Sat Nov 27 22:37:13 UTC 2010

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK	# begin pkgsrc settings

PACKAGES= /usr/pkgsrc/packages
PKG_DEVELOPER=YES
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+= ssl inet6
PKG_DBDIR=		/var/db/pkg
LOCALBASE=		/usr/pkg
VARBASE=		/var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=		/usr/pkg/sbin
PKGMANDIR=		man
WRKDIR_BASENAME=        work401
WRKOBJDIR=              /lin1/usr/pkgsrc
PKG_OPTIONS.msmtp+= idn
PKG_OPTIONS.lynx+= ncurses
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= socks5-license
ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACKAGES=yes
DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install
SKIP_LICENSE_CHECK=    yes

.endif			# end pkgsrc settings

This WRKDIR_BASENAME is what I really want to be workb2, work directory is intended to be
/BETA1/usr/ports/<category>/<individual-port>/workb2

workb2 to distinguish from the "work" used when building ports in BETA1.

I don't think FreeBSD ports has a WRKDIR_BASENAME, it would be very helpful if it did.

Tom