Re: cvsup broken on amd64?

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:30:35 -0700
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 15 September 2011 18:05, Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com> wrote:
>>> Usually rather quite later than sooner.
>>
>> A perfect opportunity for src committers to dive in and make a
>> difference :-)
>
> I hate you. :)
>
> Ok. Some third person test/verify that this patch (a) does what it's
> supposed to do, and (b) is correct, and I'll commit it.
>
> (blah, what am I signing myself up for..)

    Based on the ticket and the patch, I think this is the right
procedure for verifying the patch. Please verify that the case below
repros the issue seen by the end-user before applying the patch though
:).
Thanks,
-Garrett

supdir=$(mktemp -d /tmp/sup.XXXXXX)
# Supfile follows. Change cvsup host as necessary..
cat >$supdir/supfile <<EOF
*default host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
*default base=$supdir
*default prefix=$supdir/checkout
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
EOF
# Get the sources
csup $supdir/supfile
# Empty out the files
for i in $(find $supdir/supfile/sys -name '*.[ch]'); do
    : > $i
done
# This should fail, requiring multiple tries.
csup $supdir/supfile
# Clean up
rm -Rf $supdir