How does one install kernel sources and base

From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 09:00:39 -0500
Dear folks,

I have installed 9.0 - BETA 2, and I had no x, when I typed startx,
some folks have suggested to check if I have xorg-server, I will do
that as soon as I get to my machine on Monday.  Also I will check if I
put into /etc/rc.conf, hald_enable="YES" and dbus_enable="YES" as
well, otherwise startx will not work.  But my question is as follows,
How do I get kernel sources and base installed?

I tried sysinstall and used configure -> distributions -> kernel + sys
+ base as outlined in

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/freebsd-install-kernel-source-code/

Did not work, got mirrors but timed out errors, I went through most
mirrors in Japan, Sweden, USA, and it appears not to be found.  I
tried bsdinstall and reinserted 9.0-BETA2-amd64-dvd1 into drive and it
would not mount and would return an error.  I have read about using
cvs or something like it, but I have not used it and would like some
pointers on how to use it, or other form that would work to install
kernel sources so I could try nvidia-driver since X was not working
and nv driver is too old and might not work as one would like it to.

Thanks in Advance for comments/advice/suggestions.

Regards,

Antonio