Re: There is a known problem with MIPS tinderbox.

From: Stanislav Sedov <stas_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:24:23 -0700
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 12:39:00 -0700
Juli Mallett <jmallett_at_FreeBSD.org> mentioned:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:28, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > But as always, if someone comes up with an actual problem related to the
> > [BIND] update I'm happy to address it.
>
> The MIPS tinderbox build is currently broken.  This is related to a
> binutils bug for which a workaround was committed to head.  For some
> reason, the workaround seems to be sufficient for universe done
> independently, but not the tinderbox.
>
> There is a fix for binutils which is known, but the fix was made after
> the GPLv3 switch.  HJ Lu, who made the change, has been contacted
> about making the change available under GPLv2, but so far has not
> replied.  Independently, jchandra_at_ is investigating the problem in
> binutils and attempting to come up with a fix from scratch.

What I still cannot understand is that why my workaround doesn't work
on tinderbox and for some people builds.  It should disable linking
agains libasn1 for libkafs5 completely on mips which is the source of
the problem in libkafs5.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE