Re: Status on X220

From: Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:43:12 +0700
Hi,

On Friday 20 April 2012 10:17:55 Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Erich Dollansky
> <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com> wrote:
>
> Minor note. Sound card seems to work OK through the speakers, but I
> have failed to find the magic to make the headphone jack work. I have
> not tried very hard, either. I keep procrastinating on the KMS stuff
> as I will REALLY miss switching to vtys.

this is the same for me.

> I made a quick attempt at the card reader, but had no luck finding a
> driver that would work. Still, the system has worked for me for at
> least 6 months, now.

I have here an external one from my broken notebook. It will be used then with this machine again.

What version to you run? 10?

It is good to hear that I do not have to expect real road blocks, just smaller things which might will work later. This was the same with the broken machine. There was even a period of time when I moved back to Windows. It was not so bad as the machine was then not connected to the Internet.

Erich