Re: FreeBSD development audio system: KLANG

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:42:01 +0100
On 13 Aug 2012, at 07:57, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

> 1. It's targeted at fixing Linux bugs, not FreeBSD ones. FreeBSD sound system had in-kernel virtual channel mixing support for years.

I found this to be the major issue.  There were very few things on the list that weren't already supported by the FreeBSD sound system (which, before the last major rewrite, was the reason I switched to FreeBSD in the first place, and is now an amazing piece of work) and the few remaining things would be better added incrementally, rather than by throwing everything away and starting again.  Unless, of course, the project is to improve a few bits of the FreeBSD sound subsystem and then port it to Linux...

David