Re: CURRENT as gateway on not-so-fast hardware: where is a bottlneck?

From: Ian Lepore <freebsd_at_damnhippie.dyndns.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:56:33 -0600
On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 14:38 +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Ian.
> You wrote 16 августа 2012 г., 21:47:06:
>

> IL> It's a long shot, but if the trouble you're seeing has the same cause,
> IL> it should be fixed by this patch:
> IL> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2012-January/037233.html
>  It  looks  like, this patch fixes freezes under network load. I could
> not  repeat  freezes now (except when `ktrdump' works, but I think, it
> is Ok).
>
>  It  also change "top" layout of processes: em0 tasq is not on the top
> now, and system have enough idel time even under load.
>
>  But WiFi is affected by wire traffic :(

That result actually matches my expectation... it fixed only a part of
your problem.  I suspected (without very good evidence) that you may
have two unrelated problems; hopefully now that we've eliminated one the
other will be easier to find.

I've submitted a PR with that patch attached, since it has now been
shown to fix a problem on two different sets of (similar) hardware:

-- Ian