Re: CURRENT as gateway on not-so-fast hardware: where is a bottlneck?

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:23:17 +0400
Hello, Ian.
You wrote 17 августа 2012 г., 18:56:33:

IL> That result actually matches my expectation... it fixed only a part of
IL> your problem.
  I  was (partly) wrong :( Under ``really high'' load (4MiB/s up/down load
in same time) userland freezes again.
  Unfortunately, it is difficult to repeat such load on request in y
case, so I don't have KTR of scheduling in such case, but here is one
thing I notice: when load is lower (like 2MiB/s both ways) ng_queue
consume only 4-5% of CPU. And before freeze "top" shows ng_queue
consumes about 60% of CPU. It is strange, as traffic goes up only at
x2 rate...

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>