Re: r239356: does it mean, that synchronous dhcp and dhcplcinet with disabled devd gone?

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:45:48 +0400
Hello, Lev.
You wrote 21 августа 2012 г., 15:40:35:

GC>> Try reverting r239356 -- if that works, then please let jhb_at_ know.
LS>   I'm confused by  this commit, because it seems (from comment alone),
LS> that  dhclient  will not work without devd anymore (with "synchronous
LS> dhcp" option in rc.conf).
LS>   Am I right?
 Also,  I  don't  like idea of removing IP address from interface when
cable is unplugged. It was very disturbing behavior of Windows
machines for years. I've unplug cable to change switch port for only a
second and all connections are broken, even if one second later
dhcpclient receive SAME lease! I don't like this. FreeBSD was very
tolerant to unplugging cable for eons, and I (and not only me) like
it. If I understand this change properly, it is no more the case :(

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>