Re: r239356: does it mean, that synchronous dhcp and dhcplcinet with disabled devd gone?

From: olli hauer <ohauer_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:32:52 +0200
On 2012-08-21 13:45, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Lev.
> You wrote 21 августа 2012 г., 15:40:35:
>
> GC>> Try reverting r239356 -- if that works, then please let jhb_at_ know.
> LS>   I'm confused by  this commit, because it seems (from comment alone),
> LS> that  dhclient  will not work without devd anymore (with "synchronous
> LS> dhcp" option in rc.conf).
> LS>   Am I right?
>  Also,  I  don't  like idea of removing IP address from interface when
> cable is unplugged. It was very disturbing behavior of Windows
> machines for years. I've unplug cable to change switch port for only a
> second and all connections are broken, even if one second later
> dhcpclient receive SAME lease! I don't like this. FreeBSD was very
> tolerant to unplugging cable for eons, and I (and not only me) like
> it. If I understand this change properly, it is no more the case :(

Oh, this is certainly exciting for clients in the backbone when a switch
will be reloaded because of firmware upgrade.

This behavior was a reason for me to run MS machines only virtual instead
using fix IP addresses (using ip arp inspection and dhcp snooping on the
whole network so fix IPs are a no-go)