Re: pkgng 1.0 release schedule, and HEAD switch to pkgng by default schedule

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:38:04 -0700
On 8/21/2012 12:05 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> 1/ if it fits the schedule: get rid of pkg_* tools in current to be
> able to have a fully pkgng only 10-RELEASE

I think it would fit better with historic precedents to make pkg
optional (but default on) in 10, and mandatory in 11. As stated
before, I'm fine with removing pkg_* tools from 10 if there is robust
support for them in the ports tree.

I know you're excited about this project, but let's not lose sight of
how big a change this is, and how important ports are to the project.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what