Re: pkgng suggestion: renaming /usr/sbin/pkg to /usr/sbin/pkg-bootstrap

From: Jonathan Anderson <jonathan.robert.anderson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 01:25:15 +0100
On 24 Aug 2012, at 23:38, Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Let me rephrase that more simply ... very few users are ever going to
> need the bootstrapping tool that will be in the base.

But surely the whole point of pkgng is that people *will* use pkg as the default method of acquiring third-party software, so they'll want to "pkg install foo" and have it Just Work. To say either "you must download the ports tree in order to use binary packages" or "you must use pkg_add to install pkg" seems to miss the point...

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson

jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org