Re: Call for testers, users with scsi cards

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_jroberson.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:58:24 -1000 (HST)
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012, Ian Lepore wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 14:49 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
>> On Dec 4, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>>
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/loadccb.diff
>>>
>>> This patch consolidates all of the functions that map cam control blocks for DMA into one central function.  This change is a precursor to adding new features to the I/O stack.  It is mostly mechanical.  If you are running current on a raid or scsi card, especially if it is a lesser used one, I would really like you to apply this patch and report back any problems.  If it works you should notice nothing.  If it doesn't work you will probably panic immediately on I/O or otherwise no I/O will happen.
>>
>> I haven't tested it yet.  My only comment from reading it though would be to make subr_busdma.c be dependent on cam, since it can only used from cam.  We've grown sloppy about noting these dependencies in the tree...
>>
>> Warner
>
> Hmmm, if it's only used by cam, why isn't it in cam/ rather than kern/ ?

kib pointed out drivers that use ccbs but do not depend on cam.  I also
intend to consolidate many of the busdma_load_* functions into this
subr_busdma.c eventually.  I will add a load_bio and things like load_uio
and load_mbuf don't need to be re-implemented for every machine.  I will
define a MD function that allows you to add virtual or physical segments
piecemeal (as they all currently have) so that function may be called for
each member in the uio, mbuf, ccb, or bio.

Thanks,
Jeff