Re: [RFC/RFT] calloutng

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:35:58 -0800
On 16 December 2012 23:57, Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Thank god that this feature was developed in a branch, it was developed for a
> long period of time and there were people who routinely reviewed and tested (and
> really used) it.  And yeah, its design was announced and discussed well in
> advance too.

I can see that; I was even there at David's presentation at BSDCan
2012 about it.

Now that it's finished though, it would be nice to get some more
stress testing before committing it. Just because it's been developed
in a branch doesn't at all imply that it's had wide testing. It's now
imminently going into the tree, so that may scare (heh!) a few people
into testing it.

I'm sure it'll mostly just work, that it'll not really break anything.
It just to me feels that a week of warning before committing something
like this is a little soon. It's _just_ been finished and the authors
have been doing some last minute changes as they get better ideas on
implementing things. I think it's great work, I'd just like to see
some wider testing.

So to put my money where my mouth is, I bought a new hard disk for my
T60 last week. I'll install -HEAD on it tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Thanks,

Adrian