Re: [ptrace] please review follow fork/exec changes

From: Dmitry Mikulin <dmitrym_at_juniper.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:51:57 -0800
The patch I sent earlier works for me. Just wanted to let you know to illustrate what I would like to see from the kernel.

I'm trying to see if there's way not to add flags with semantics similar to TDB_EXEC. I think the problem with TDB_EXEC is that is serves a trigger for a stop as well as an indicator to return PL_FLAG_EXEC. And in my case I still want to see all the stops but I only want to see the PL_FLAG_EXEC when PT_FOLLOW_EXEC is specified.

Do you think the attached patch will do what I'd like without compromising existing functionality?