Re: Why NOT using FreeBSD? Re: ports/169581: editors/libreoffice:

From: Waitman Gobble <uzimac_at_da3m0n8t3r.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 22:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org> wrote ..
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:59:03AM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> > On 07/02/12 08:09, Sayetsky Anton wrote:
> > > I will test libreoffice build on 8.3-RELEASE today or tomorrow.
> > > I have both gstreamer and boost installed now.
> > >

> > We use FreeBSD 9.0STABLE and FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT (both amd64).
> >
> > devel/boost-lib gets reeled in now by editors/libreoffice by default, so
> > it doesn't need to be installed explicitely.
> >
> > I saw a patch flushed in yesterday, submitted by bapt_at_. This patch also
> > installs LLVM/CLANG from the ports - with ASSERTS deactivated.
> >
> > I have on both systems, FreeBSD 9 and 10, LLVM/CLANG 3.1 as the standard
> > backend compiler, I guess this version has the suspected ASSERTS activated.
> >
> > Why another LLVM port? We already have LLVM/CLANG in the base system (9
> > and 19). If the ASSERTS proble is the cause for breaks reported on the
> > list and elsewhere on the net, why isn't the maintainer still stuck on
> > the "old" version?
> >
> > I just managed it to install the prior version on broken systems and was
> > really lucky having LibreOffice working again. But the other day I was
> > bothered by the next non-working version and now I have lots of
> > notebooks remaining with NO LibreOffice on FBSD 9-STABLE.
> >
> > This is not what I expect from quality securing! It is simply a mess and
> > definitely another reason and point for the thread "Why NOT using FreeBSD".

> sure libreoffice is so easy to port...
>
> /me officially gives up with that libreoffice port, open for new volunteers
>
> bapt

LibreOffice is pretty massive.

I've spent much of the day working on building 3.6.0.0 on 10-CURRENT with gcc48 and openjdk6.

I have been using AbiWord but the word-wrap is crazy. Try writing a novel with weird word breaks and moving paragraphs and it's driving me koo-koo pants. Also it does not appear to do right-left opposing margins. I was interested in building AbiWord dev on my machine but the dev team seems very MS-centric, much of a chore using their HEAD.

Gnumeric works great, I have successfully interoperated, no urgent issues.

 on to LibreOffice...

I can create and submit a port for libreoffice 3.6.0.0 if anyone is interested in trying the "beta" version. Might take a few days. Still working on it.

At the moment, there is one small change to configure.in. It stubbornly demands libclucene-core instead of libclucene. Most of the libraries are built from ports, then using --with-system-foo in autogen.sh

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

--