Re: Why NOT using FreeBSD? Re: ports/169581: editors/libreoffice:

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:59:03 +0200
On 07/02/12 08:09, Sayetsky Anton wrote:
> I will test libreoffice build on 8.3-RELEASE today or tomorrow.
> I have both gstreamer and boost installed now.

We use FreeBSD 9.0STABLE and FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT (both amd64).

devel/boost-lib gets reeled in now by editors/libreoffice by default, so
it doesn't need to be installed explicitely.

I saw a patch flushed in yesterday, submitted by bapt_at_. This patch also
installs LLVM/CLANG from the ports - with ASSERTS deactivated.

I have on both systems, FreeBSD 9 and 10, LLVM/CLANG 3.1 as the standard
backend compiler, I guess this version has the suspected ASSERTS activated.

Why another LLVM port? We already have LLVM/CLANG in the base system (9
and 19). If the ASSERTS proble is the cause for breaks reported on the
list and elsewhere on the net, why isn't the maintainer still stuck on
the "old" version?

I just managed it to install the prior version on broken systems and was
really lucky having LibreOffice working again. But the other day I was
bothered by the next non-working version and now I have lots of
notebooks remaining with NO LibreOffice on FBSD 9-STABLE.

This is not what I expect from quality securing! It is simply a mess and
definitely another reason and point for the thread "Why NOT using FreeBSD".