Re: MPSAFE VFS -- List of upcoming actions

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 02:03:46 -0700
On 07/17/2012 22:54, Gustau Pérez i Querol wrote:
> In fact filesystems not particulary specific and not tied our kernel
> would go to userspace; thinks like smbfs, nwfs, ntfs, ext2 o ext4 for
> example should be in userspace

A big -1 here.

The more native FS support we have the better off we are in terms of
both people migrating from other OS', and people who need to maintain
compatibility with other OS'. Personally I use both msdosfs and ext2fs
extensively for the latter purpose, and would not want to see either
removed.

Doug

--

    Change is hard.