Re: post SVN r238886 no boot?

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:13:29 +0300
On 29.07.2012 22:52, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Alexander.
> You wrote 29 èþëÿ 2012 ã., 23:15:06:
>
> AM> Do you have any devices other then SATA disk? CD or some USB drive?
>    ``Me too''
>
> I have same problem on my net5501. IT is i386 (AMD GEODE) with CF card
> attached as IDE (not SATA) disk. I have no swap configured.

I was able to diagnose problem and it is not related to CAM as I've
thought initially. It is related to GEOM spoiling mechanism.

During boot process fsck opens checked disks for writing, while root at
that time mounted as read-only. Disks close by fsck causes spoiling of
the root partition's GEOM VFS, that with r238886 change made it
inaccessible.

I've reverted that GEOM VFS change at r238892, that should fix the
problem until better solution will be found.

I'm sorry.

--
Alexander Motin