Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

From: Pedro Giffuni <pfg_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:47:52 -0700 (PDT)
FWIW;

--- Lun 4/6/12, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl> ha scritto:

> I'm not (only) pointing finger and whining, but
> maybe PC-BSD could relegate someone permanently
> to help you with libreoffice, if indeed desktop is
> so important to them?

I am aware that PC-BSD has been indeed providing
build resources to our LibreOffice maintainer so
you cant really blame them.

I personally enjoy working on Apache OpenOffice's
FreeBSD port and I am glad about having both suites
available, but eevn though they are very similar I
am not interested in maintaining LibreOffice; not
even if I got paid to do it.

What people should realize is that maintaining
such big packages is difficult and the issue
is ultimately not money: if there is no interest
from developers and porters to spend (a lot of)
time on it no one will do it.

Pedro.