drm2 and the kernel messages on shutdown

From: Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:35:33 +0400
Good day,

since switching to new drm code (starting at April if I recall
correctly) I'm experiencing sporadic laptop hangs when choose the
shutdown command in UI (gnome) environment. The hdd led isn't blinking
but the laptop is still up. In such cases I forced to shutdown it by
pressing power off button, but at the next system start it running
filesystem checks (yes, with journal but some time only full fsck is
able to fix that). What I'm asking for is - when there some sysctl or
boot loader option will be available to turn on kernel messages on
shutdown? I really want to know on what it hanging on. I didn't bothered
with this while it was available as third-party patch, but since it is
now in -current and enabled by default, I think this feature should be
available. Thanks.

PS. I'm now subscribed to current_at_. So do not need to approve my

Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.