Re: drm2 and the kernel messages on shutdown

From: Ivan Klymenko <fidaj_at_ukr.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:02:48 +0300
В Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:35:33 +0400
Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src_at_yandex.ru> пишет:

> Good day,
>
> since switching to new drm code (starting at April if I recall
> correctly) I'm experiencing sporadic laptop hangs when choose the
> shutdown command in UI (gnome) environment. The hdd led isn't
> blinking but the laptop is still up. In such cases I forced to
> shutdown it by pressing power off button, but at the next system
> start it running filesystem checks (yes, with journal but some time
> only full fsck is able to fix that). What I'm asking for is - when
> there some sysctl or boot loader option will be available to turn on
> kernel messages on shutdown? I really want to know on what it hanging
> on. I didn't bothered with this while it was available as third-party
> patch, but since it is now in -current and enabled by default, I
> think this feature should be available. Thanks.
>
> PS. I'm now subscribed to current_at_. So do not need to approve my

Dear Ruslan.
Your problems hang your laptop is not associated with the transition to
drm2.
And you can see this - when the downgrade to the SVN revision r236313

Your problems are now committing to this
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=236317

You can check it and make sure my right.

Good luck