minor GEOM disk API change coming

From: Kenneth D. Merry <ken_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:29:25 -0600
Hi folks,

I have attached some patches that fix an object lifetime issue between CAM
and GEOM.

Fixing the bug required adding a callback to the GEOM disk code, and adding
a callback that a GEOM class can register to get notified when a provider
is destroyed.

The probable commit message is below.

If I don't hear any objections, I will commit it on Friday, June 22nd.

============
	Fix a bug which causes a panic in daopen(). The panic is caused by
	a da(4) instance going away while GEOM is still probing it.

	In this case, the GEOM disk class instance has been created by
	disk_create(), and the taste of the disk is queued in the GEOM
	event queue.

	While that event is queued, the da(4) instance goes away.  When the
	open call comes into the da(4) driver, it dereferences the freed
	(but non-NULL) peripheral pointer provided by GEOM, which results
	in a panic.

	The solution is to add a callback to the GEOM disk code that is
	called when all of its resources are cleaned up.  This is
	implemented inside GEOM by adding an optional callback that is
	called when all consumers have detached from a provider, and the
	provider is about to be deleted.

	scsi_cd.c,
	scsi_da.c:	In the register routine for the cd(4) and da(4)
			routines, acquire a reference to the CAM peripheral
			instance just before we call disk_create().

			Use the new GEOM disk d_gone() callback to register
			a callback (dadiskgonecb()/cddiskgonecb()) that
			decrements the peripheral reference count once GEOM
			has finished cleaning up its resources.

			In the cd(4) driver, clean up open and close
			behavior slightly.  GEOM makes sure we only get one
			open() and one close call, so there is no need to
			set an open flag and decrement the reference count
			if we are not the first open.

			In the cd(4) driver, use cam_periph_release_locked()
			in a couple of error scenarios to avoid extra mutex
			calls.

	geom.h:		Add a new, optional, providergone callback that
			is called when a provider is about to be deleted.

	geom_disk.h:	Add a new d_gone() callback to the GEOM disk
			interface.

			Bump the DISK_VERSION to version 2.  This probably
			should have been done after a couple of previous
			changes, especially the addition of the d_getattr()
			callback.

	geom_disk.c:	Add a providergone callback for the disk class,
			g_disk_providergone(), that calls the user's
			d_gone() callback if it exists.

			Bump the DISK_VERSION to 2.

	geom_subr.c:	In g_destroy_provider(), call the providergone
			callback if it has been provided.

			In g_new_geomf(), propagate the class's
			providergone callback to the new geom instance.

	disk.9:		Update the disk(9) man page to include information
			on the new d_gone() callback, as well as the
			previously added d_getattr() callback, d_descr
			field, and HBA PCI ID fields.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry