Re: [CFT] sysutils/bsdconfig: Replacement for sysinstall(8) post-install configuration abilities

From: Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:53:38 +0300
Devin Teske wrote:
>> "Toggle Startup Services" dialog shows sendmail_enable and
>> sendmail_msp_queue_enable variables, but doesn't seem to show
>> sendmail_submit_enable and sendmail_outbound_enable. Is this
>> by design?
>
> What does the following produce:
>
> 	service sendmail rcvar
>
> Now what does this say:
>
> 	grep sendmail /var/run/bsdconfig/startup_rcvar_map.cache
>
> Do they agree?

OK, both list sendmail_enable and sendmail_msp_queue_enable only. It
appears that /etc/rc.d/sendmail only registers sendmail_submit_enable
and sendmail_outbound_enable if they are enabled (and enabling or
disabling one of the four affects the status of others).

That behavior combined with the fact that bsdconfig does not recompute
rcvars each time you make modifications means that you can't manipulate
(i.e. disable) sendmail from bsdconfig.

I think the right thing to do is to fix /etc/rc.d/sendmail, but I don't
know how: removing the conditions around sendmail_submit_enable and
sendmail_outbound_enable parts fixes rcvar, but probably breaks other
commands.

Any ideas how to fix this?

> The nature of this bug is that if the item that you select in the
> menu is evenly divisible by both 2 and 3 landing on a boundary,
> the item works as expected, otherwise you can only toggle the item
> ON (not off).

Sounds interesting; there must be some really hairy stuff inside
bsdconfig if this is the kind of edge cases it has.