Re: [HEADS-UP] BSD sort is the default sort in -CURRENT

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 10:48:18 -0700
Ah, I just tried sort on freebsd (5.3.0) versus sort on macosx 10.6
(5.93) - what a strange bug.

We _could've_ fixed this with an import of the latest gnu sort and
then migrated to a feature/bug compatible bsdsort, but I do see your
point(s). :-)

There's a fine line to walk between keeping POLA and making progress.
Just be careful you don't stray too far to the Linux side of that.
(And be careful of staying too close to the POLA side of it.)

2c, and great work!

adrian