Re: no keyboard after booting r235646 in laptop FS Amilo D 7830

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:11:31 +0200
El día Saturday, June 30, 2012 a las 01:49:58PM +0700, Erich Dollansky escribió:

> > I have just for beeing curios booted an older USB key with r214444
> > (from October 2010) and the keyboard just works as it should;
> >
> I have had a problem like this before. I have had to stick with an older FreeBSD version on this machine.
>
> Can you try FreeBSD 7.4 or 8.3?
>
> It is sad to say but some times support for older hardware gets cut out for whatever reason.

The IT guy of my company found this laptop in the attic and because
it has no Wifi, nobody is interested in using it anymore. As I said,
I could make use of it as a build machine and for this it must run CURRENT
and no older versions. I will install the USB booted system to harddisk
and hope when booted from disk and not from USB the keyboard is working.

Ofc, I would be willing to help debugging this, for example compiling a
kernel with special options and/or debug printfs; but I can't start such
a debug path on my own, because I have no clue about where to start.

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz