Re: no keyboard after booting r235646 in laptop FS Amilo D 7830

From: Erich Dollansky <erich_at_alogreentechnologies.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 06:29:28 +0700
Hi,

On Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:11:31 PM Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Saturday, June 30, 2012 a las 01:49:58PM +0700, Erich Dollansky escribió:
>

> > Can you try FreeBSD 7.4 or 8.3?
> >
> > It is sad to say but some times support for older hardware gets cut out for whatever reason.
>
> The IT guy of my company found this laptop in the attic and because
> it has no Wifi, nobody is interested in using it anymore. As I said,
> I could make use of it as a build machine and for this it must run CURRENT
> and no older versions. I will install the USB booted system to harddisk
> and hope when booted from disk and not from USB the keyboard is working.

if 7.4 still runs but not anything after 8.0, it is most likely what I have written. Some USB hardware is not supported anymore in 8 and later.

I would install the old one just to see  You will also know wat hwardware is used there and how it is supported.

This might be the faster route before starting debugging something which is not there.

Erich