RE: revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option

From: Devin Teske <devin.teske_at_fisglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 13:52:57 -0800
Baldwin';
> 'Andriy Gapon'
> Subject: Re: revisiting tunables under Safe Mode menu option
>

> On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
> >
> > I'm interested in which path you would choose amongst what I've seen
> mentioned
> > thus far:
> >
> > a. Modifying the boot menu to offer fine-grain control over each aspect of
Safe
> > Mode (wherein perhaps the Safe Mode option becomes a hook for a sub-
> menu rather
> > than its current setup as an "On"/"Off" toggle).
>
> I would favor this.  "Safe Mode" (or whatever it gets renamed to) activates a
sub
> menu with N number of knobs plus an all-on/all-off option.

How many knobs are we talking about here?

I hope not more than 8, (the 9th menu being reserved for "return to main menu").

If there's going to be more than 8, then we'll have to recode "menu.4th" or
envision a sub-sub-menu or start using cyclic menus, or worse... re-design
menu.4th completely to allow (say) scrolling menus with infinite items (e.g.,
there would be an indicator at the bottom of the menu that there is more than
can fit within the menu area; and pressing the down-arrow would "slide" the menu
view down to the next set of items).
--
Devin