Re: /usr/bin/tar creates invalid lib file

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 02:37:14 +0300
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 04:32:53PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Gleb Kurtsou wrote:
>
> > I experience a related issue. lseek(SEEK_HOLE) error checks are too
> > strict. Files are not added to archive if lseek(SEEK_HOLE) fails.
> > Ignoring lseek(SEEK_HOLE) at least in ENOTTY case would be preferable.
>
> Just noticed that lseek(1) doesn't document ENOTTY as
> a valid response code.
>
> Should it?
It seems that man page contradicts the actual lseek(2) behaviour.
Man page states that there shall be a virtual hole after file end,
even on the filesystems not supporting hole reports.

Is there some regression test set for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA ?
I found nothing in our tests, in particular, pjdfstest does
not mention the options.