Re: Awkward booting issue

From: Mark <lists+freebsd_at_internecto.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:55:18 +0200
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:30:30 -0700
matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/27/12 09:22, Mark wrote:
> > 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit
> > Ethernet Controller 04:02.0 VGA compatible controller: XGI
> > Technology Inc. (eXtreme Graphics Innovation) Z7/Z9 (XG20 core)
> > 04:03.0 IDE interface: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. IT8213
> > IDE Controller
> Can you disable any of these in BIOS?

I can disable VGA with a jumper. It was disabled when I tried to boot.
I'm not sure if this also disables the device's visibility but jumpering
didn't help my problem.

I can't disable the IDE interface. There seems to be no such option.

> Sometimes last message isn't the cause of the hang, I was having igb
> issues a while ago that "ended" with ada, but were caused by igb
> hanging shortly after attach.
>
> Disable everything you can to reduce the attachable devices and see if
> it will still boot. This will help identify which device if any is
> causing the hang

Yes, I considered this. But even after having disabled everything
that's possible in the bios, the boot issue persists...

Mark