Re: Cross Architecture Compiling

From: Michael Vale <masked_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:36:27 +1100
Hi Alexander,

Yes I've seen that.  The problem with appending CONFIGURE_ARGS is that it
breaks some ports.  Also by honouring TARGET_ARCH we're staying more inline
with current cross-build trends.

And as for jails/chroot Garrett,  it might work but it's a pain and can't be
run along with other ports/builds to create a rootfs automatically.