Re: [head tinderbox] failure on arm/arm

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:51:59 -0800
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Doug Brewer <brewer.doug_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> No offence, but how many times did you break the build? Could you please
> compile your code before committing next time? Thanks a lot!

make tinderbox is the important point here because it uses different
compile time options and flags that Adrian doesn't probably have set in his
KERNCONF -- assuming that the default KERNCONFs haven't been mangled on his
system, in which case it messes up this statement; [un]fortunately someone
can change GENERIC, etc on his/her box, run make tinderbox and have it
pass, then .

In which case I would recommend the following [just to be safe]:
1. Custom KERNCONF that includes a generic one.
2. make tinderbox -DMAKE_JUST_KERNELS before performing commits with just
ARM/x86 and a select KERNCONF as a smoke test, and a more extensive make
tinderbox when doing a more major commit.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-Garrett