Re: RFC: removal of share/doc/{papers,psd,smm,usd} in 2 months

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:24:28 +0200
Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 12:14:28 -0400, Eitan Adler wrote:
> > On 19 October 2012 10:36, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > Should people feel strongly about them, we might be able to move them
> > > over to the doc repository.
> >
> > Moving them to the doc repo loses the history, for what gain?
> >
> > You mention that the roff sources are 'naughty'. Are they holding up
> > some project?
>
> Replying to this only here: If you have a look at your calendar, you
> might get the reference :)
>
> They are holding up the removal of groff from the base system, which we
> can no longer update thanks to the project policy wrt. GPLv3.

It's awful damage from just not wanting to upgrade to a new groff
with GPL3, to also throwing out older working groff plus text sources
formatted by it.  I use groff daily.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".