Re: Clang as default compiler November 4th

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:03:15 -0500
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Can you, please, read what I wrote ? Fixing _ports_ to compile with
> clang is plain wrong. Upstream developers use gcc almost always for
> development and testing. Establishing another constant cost on the
> porting work puts burden on the ports submitters, maintainers and even
> ports users.
>
> I do strongly oppose the attempt to drain the freebsd resources by
> forcing porters to port third-party code to other compiler.

I agree with this pretty much.

I haven't done fix any of port build with clang as I simply ignore
clang (sorry). When user report to me and I tell them to stick with
GCC as I don't support it.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz.freebsd_at_gmail.com - mezz_at_FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team