Re: manual page | zpool-features

From: Fbsd8 <fbsd8_at_a1poweruser.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 08:57:48 -0400
snip

> Actually, I am becoming suspicious that FreeBSD does not maintain a
> OpenBSD Packet Firewall that survives upgrades.  Perhaps I should just
> take all of the Packet Firewall stuff out of my kernel and learn to use
> ipfw2.
>

> Darrel

On the subject of OpenBSD Packet Firewall

OpenBSD 4.5 version of PF firewall which is included with the base
FreeBSD 8.x and 9.x releases is no longer supported by OpenBSD and very
back level.

The most current version of OpenBSD is 5.1. PF version 5.0 changed the
syntax of the NAT statement making PF no longer backwards compatible
which breaks some Freebsd standard, so updated versions of OpenBSD PF
will no longer be mass ported to FreeBSD. Any bug fix code to OpenBSD PF
will have to be incorporated by hand into FreeBSD's version of PF from
this point on.

The following will shine some more light on the subject.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pf/2012-September/006740.html