Re: MPSAFE VFS -- List of upcoming actions

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:47:15 +0200
 schrieb Attilio Rao am 28.09.2012 16:18 (localtime):
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Harald Schmalzbauer
> <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de> wrote:
> After many people willing to test fuse on STABLE_9, I made this patch
> that at least compiles there:
> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/fuse_import/fuse_stable9_241030.patch

Thanks a lot! In the meantime I made the original patch compiling. I
simply looked at the changes which were made around july in the fuse
project to follow changes in head (checkpath(), vrecycle() and
vtruncbuf()) and "reverted" them.
Since I have no idea about the code I modified, I'm happy that you did a
more qualified patch set :-)

> Of course, I didn't have a chance to test it because I'm also out for
> vacation right now but please do and report.

Happy holiday!!! If you're by chance arround the Oktoberfest, drop me a
note, I'll pay you a Maß (or any other drink if you don't like
„Wiesnbier“) :-)

>> Some questions: Is this planned to be mfc'd and if so, how can one know?
> In which sense "how can one know?". We usually specify MFC timeouts in
> the commit message (not sure if this answers your concerns).

Yep, that's what I wanted to know. So if there's no MFC timeout in the
log, it's not intended to be MFCd ever I guess.

Thanks a lot!
World/Kernel compiled fine in the meantime, I'll do some sshfs tests.

-Harry