Re: Supermicro 6027R-N3RF+head, usb trouble

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_bitfrost.no>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:10:47 +0200
On 04/21/13 21:38, Sergey V. Dyatko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody explain why USB keyboard (and keyboard from
> integrated IPKVM) doesn't work when I boot with   'C606
> chipset Dual 4-Port SATA/SAS Storage Control Unit' enabled in bios?
> Also I can't boot that box from usb memstick and
> FreeBSD-10.0-CURRENT-amd64-20130413-r249439-release.iso They both
> loose(?) device and can't find root If I disable controller in bios
> system can't see any sata hdd connected to it:(
> booting with hw.usb.ehci.no_hs=1, kern.cam.boot_delay="10000"
> and debug.acpi.disabled="hostres" without success. I setup dhcpd, tftp,
> nfs on my laptop and finally I install fbsd on that box, but question
> with kbd is open - It doesn't work..
> dmesg:
> http://svn.freebsd.by/files/dmesg_N3RF.txt
> pciconf -lv:
> http://svn.freebsd.by/files/pciconf_N3RF.txt
>
> I would appreciate any hints

Hi,

This indicates a LOW memory problem, or unability to grab contiguous
memory for USB controller drivers:

usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer
usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer
usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed (USB_ERR_NOMEM, ignored)
usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer
usb_alloc_device: set address 2 failed (USB_ERR_NOMEM, ignored)
usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer
usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer
usbd_ctrl_transfer_setup: could not setup default USB transfer

That's why USB doesn't work. Try to figure out who is using all that memory.

--HPS