Re: r249939+ not detecting ata trim

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 02:51:43 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "matt"
>> FYI: Change only requires kernel, world would be identical, which
>> should save you some time.
>
> And some untrimmed deletes!
>
> Thanks, with geom/cam/disk stuff I usually assume that it could affect
> userland out of caution.
>
> BTW...ata identify is working fine, as even before the patch camcontrol
> identify indicated trim support.

Could you confirm the output you got from the debug as I would have
expected to see UNMAP supported on your machine if you mps?

I can envisage people wanting to know what delete methods are detected
as supported so I've created a new little patch which will print this
out from a verbose boot.

Its attached if you want to try it, again only a kernel change, I'd
be interested in the output you get. You should see something like:-
da0: Delete methods: <ATA_TRIM(*),UNMAP,WS16>

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster_at_multiplay.co.uk.