Re: svn error during 'make buildkernel'?

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 18:29:30 -0400
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 11:21:52PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> >svn repository.  The change to use svnlite in newvers.sh should
> >have an entry in UPDATING to alert users that have a too old
> >svn port that they need to upgrade.  I go as far to suggest that
>
> I agree.
> To me this is a sort of change that
> should be mentioned in src/UPDATING.

If a tree was checked out 2 months ago, and devel/subversion was
upgraded from 1.7.x to 1.8.x, when the src/ tree is next updated (or
attempted), the user would be prompted to run 'svn upgrade'.

Again, this was added *after* the devel/subversion port was updated to
1.8.x (now almost 2 months ago).  Adding an entry to UPDATING when both
the base svn and the ports svn are both at 1.8.x is not reasonable.

Additionally, if WITHOUT_SVNLITE is set, then svnlite would not be
built, and the ports version would be used.

Glen