Re: Port problems after r253839 on HEAD

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:27:47 -0700
On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 07:43:33PM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 07:28:41PM +0200, Rainer Hurling wrote:
> > After introducing r253839 on HEAD (/head/contrib/binutils/ld/ldmain.c),
> > I recognized some wired behaviour in the ports system on my CURRENT boxes.
> >
> > Some of the ports do not build anymore. They print almost similar
> > messages about an ld problem (invalid DSO for symbol 'xxx' definition),
> > followed by the lib, which symbols are not found.
> >
> > With a recent 10.0-CURRENT (at least r253839) you can try this for
> > example with the following two ports:
> >
> normally I had tracked down all those ports, except if you are building them
> with nom default options,
>
> What that means is basically the said ports are missing some -lbla in ldflags,
>
> The missing ones are those listed in the line following the DSO bla
> in nano for example the first failure means -liconv is missing.
>
> I afk until 24th so I can't commit any fix to the said ports.
> There were properly building in my exp-run for the said change, meaning either
> you build with non default options im that case the port requires a fix or
> perhaps your ports tree is not uptodate, in particular lots of those failures
> are fixed by the recent glib update.

On a freshly rebuilt freebsd-current where I've deleted all ports
to do a fresh build of everything I use, I see

% portmaster news/pan
  CXXLD  pan
/usr/bin/ld: ,: invalid DSO for symbol `libiconv_open' definition
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3: could not read symbols: Bad value
c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
gmake[5]: *** [pan] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/news/pan/work/pan-0.139/pan/gui'
gmake[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/news/pan/work/pan-0.139/pan'

Please, fix.

--
Steve