Re: i386 panic

From: Sean Bruno <sean_bruno_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:33:25 -0700
On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 21:36 -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Sean Bruno <sean_bruno_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/10_i386_vmfault.txt
> >
> > I can never tell if stuff like this is because I'm not nerfing the
> > system RAM correctly or if this is i386 bit-rot.
> >
> > I set hw.physmem="2g" in loader.conf to try and get the system to boot,
> > but I don't think I did it right?
> >

> That shouldn't happen.  Maybe you've run out of kmem?  It's limited to only
> like 400MB on i386.  Or maybe you've blown out a data structure with all
> of those CPUs.
>
> Scott

Since we can still do this on stable/7 (gross), I kind of think this is
a low priority regression.  Not even sure where to look, nor do I really
want to.  :-)

If someone has a clueby4 to thwack me around with, I'd appreciate it.

Sean

p.s. We won't be caring about this for much longer I fear over at
$DAYJOB, so if someone wants to address this I can test it for a few
more months.  After that, we won't care about it too much.