Re: /etc/namedb->_at_ referrs to NIL after crash or typing "reboot" (not shutdown -r)

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:35:17 +0200
On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:10:49 +0400
Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_passap.ru> wrote:

> 17.08.2013 13:36, O. Hartmann пишет:
>
> > I can reproduceable truncate the link in /etc/ to be NIL by typing
> > simply "reboot" when rebooting the box
>
> Does it make any difference if you use "shutdown -r" instead?

Yes, when using "shutdown -r" the link isn't broken and the system
reboots and operates as expected. Only if I use the "quick and dirty
way" via "reboot" or after a crash when service named ahs already been
started the link is dead. If a crahs occurs BEFORE service named has
been started, the recovery is also operable - this is my observation.