Re: amd64/181357: LCD Brightness Control not working on Lenovo X121e (ACPI issue?)

From: Matthias Petermann <matthias_at_petermann-it.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:08:25 +0200
Hello,

regarding this PR I made some further observation. Even the
acpi_ec_write seems to not have any effect on the brightness, the values
set to the appropriate register (IBM_EC_BRIGHTNESS   0x31) survive a
reboot.

Looks like the values are stored correctly, but EC doesn't care for them
when setting brightness?

I'm not sure where to look next. Could this be a hardware issue with the
Device?

Kind regards,
Matthias